The CCME Foundation works to improve the health of individuals and communities. We provide charitable grants to non-profit organizations to build on or undertake new improvement projects. Funding is prioritized on a project's potential to impact the community in terms of access to health care and related services using measurable outcomes. We welcome all eligible applicants, especially "grassroot" organizations during their early stages of development.
Our funding organization, The Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence, was founded in 1984 to improve the quality of health care for Carolinians. That important work continues today. CCME has remained focused on reinvesting in our people and communities we serve to better support our mission. Thus, the CCME Foundation was created in 2019 as a separate non-profit organization to provide grants to qualified entities in the Carolinas.
"It is truly a rewarding feeling to give back to the people and communities who dedicate their time and energy to improve health care systems and peoples' lives"
- Steven Martin, CEO, CCME
- Donald. J. DiPette, MD, FACP, FAHA – Chairman, CCME Parent Board Member, Columbia SC
- Jeffrey L. Perkins, CIA, CHFP, MBA – CCME Parent Board Member, Columbia SC
- Ian B. Buchanan, MD, MPH – CCME Parent Board Member, Boone NC
- Quince D. Fleming, Jr., MBA – Community Member, Raleigh NC
- Cornell P. Wright, MPA – Community Member, Durham NC
- John R. Mangum, MD – Ex officio, Sanford NC