Culture of Collaboration
There is an inherent relationship between heath care system performance at the provider, payer, and community levels, and the care that patients receive. The Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence (CCME) is an experienced, trusted partner in evaluating and improving performance constructively and collaboratively.
Applying expertise and experience rooted in our foundation as a federally designated quality improvement organization (QIO) since 1984, we work closely with partners to identify gaps in system delivery and provide the tools necessary to take action. We've helped countless clients improve system performance and deliver care that is patient-centered, cost-effective and safe.
Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence (CCME) is a non-profit health care quality consultancy and QIO-like Entity certified by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) founded by physicians in 1983. Headquartered in North Carolina’s Research Triangle, we offer an array of quality improvement, clinical review, audit, technical, and consulting services and solutions to improve care delivery, system performance, and patient outcomes.
As part of the Health Quality Innovation Network (HQIN), CCME is the QIO for South Carolina. Under the 5-year quality improvement contract, we provide quality improvement expertise to Medicare providers and support better outcomes for Medicare Beneficiaries living in rural, underserved communities. The HQIN region serves, VA, KS, MO and SC. www.hqin.org.
We help people by improving the quality of health care.
CCME Corporate Values
At CCME, we believe that to transform health care, we must continuously aspire to be the best in everything we do. To achieve this goal, we remain dedicated to upholding our corporate values:
- Excellence – We aspire to be the best in everything we do; good is not enough. We recruit and retain the most competent people who are committed to a culture of excellence and continuous quality improvement.
- Learning Organization – We are a learning organization and value knowledge; developing, capturing, applying and managing knowledge is our most important work. Skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable employees are our most valuable asset.
- Innovation – We create value for our customers and partners by combining clinical expertise and applied technology to promote health care excellence. We embrace and approach change as an opportunity for improvement.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Each of us succeeds individually when we as a corporate team achieve success. We work in collaboration with each other and our partners to improve health care.
- Can Do – We expect all employees to demonstrate individual leadership through a positive approach to every task, a “can do” attitude, and a restless determination to continually improve as part of our quality improvement culture.
- Trust/Integrity – We practice the highest ethical standards in all that we do. We build trust by honoring our commitments. In order to earn and maintain trust and demonstrate our integrity, we must be good citizens both corporately and individually.
- Altruism – As a nonprofit company, our greatest obligation is to be of service and to promote the public good. Our ability to meet these obligations depends on maintaining a sound financial position.
Join Our Mission
Delivering on our mission to help people by improving quality of health care means navigating a complex health care system. That requires expertise from many fields.